Monday, October 10, 2011

San Diego Celebrates Dia de los Muertos!

Old Town San Diego Celebrates
Dia de los Muertos!


If you live in the San Diego region, please do stop by and participate in this amazing two day event!  Dozens of fabulous Memorial Altars,  Food,  Music, Costumes, Face Painting, and our incredible Candle Light Procession!
(Procession takes place Wednesday, Nov. 2nd @ 7:00pm)

The Whaley House Museum is a major participant and will be open for evening tours, offering face painting and fun activities! 

I'm pretty busy right now, painting sugar skulls, converting some of my old dolls into Catrinas for altars, and creating an overhead banner for the Procession!  Also working on an altar for the Old Town Saloon, right across the street from the Whaley House, where one of my Catrina dolls will be keeping her eye on things...so do stop on by for a 'spirited' libation if you are kid-less!  Photos to come!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun event. Wish I was close. I just finished our fall Fest, with 2 days of tours, stop by when you get caught up for a look. Richard at My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job on your Catrina doll face. I hope I can do mine as good as that next year. Great meeting you last night!

    ReplyDelete