Sunday, August 23, 2009

Where on earth have I been?

Gosh, I haven't done anything here other than spend my morning coffee moments browsing other people's fabulous blogs! I feel rather badly about my apparent laziness. It's actually been a rather busy summer, filled with birthday parties (and homemade dresses) for little girls, family and college reunions as well as trying to get my act together for the Dimensions In Dollmaking show in September.

They don't have enough dolls for the show, so I opened my big mouth and promised them one more doll on top of the promised two I haven't finished yet. They are due this coming Sunday and not a one of them can I call finished.

They are coming along, and I work best under pressure and a last minute deadline. God forbid I actually get something done a week ahead of time so I can relax and enjoy my accomplishment. Nope, I have to finish them and stuff them into a box at the last second and drive them up to Carlsbad and not see them again until they are on display. Which is always a nice surprise, to see them with all the other wonderful dolls. Also a surprise is the fact that they always seem to be missing at least one finger apiece the next time I see them. Not a good surprise, that's for sure.

So out of three entries for this year, the Debbie Reynolds "Kathy" from Singing In The Rain, Anita Goode-Laffe and Emily Dickinson, I wonder which one will suffer the fate of Ada in "The Piano" and have her finger lobbed off. Probably not Emily, for I have taken pains with her to use for the first time a wire skeletal hand armature support. But the other two can pretty much forget about coming through this event unscathed. Poor dears. At least Anita will have a Goode reason for a sour face.

I'm not at a place where I feel comfortable shooting photos of them, probably not till I get ready to pack them up. When I do, this coming weekend, I'll post pictures of the girls. I'll most likely post some photos in the next couple of days of my little Milla's first birthday dress.

3 comments:

  1. I know what you're saying about this deadline business... Always the same thing!

    I'd love to see pictures of your dolls soon. Good luck with the exhibition, I hope you're babies wont' be harmed to badly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you! I'm sure the dolls will be amazing as always.
    Becky, (another often truant blogger)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this summer has been 'bad blog posting' for a lot of us. It is good to see you back. Looking forward to seeing pics of your finished dolls! Now, get to work!

    ReplyDelete