I didn't care for her outfit, so I cleaned it up a bit and turned around and listed it for sale, adding some old lace to the hem to jazz it up and a petticoat. I figure I might as well try to offset some of her initial cost. I like color and prints, not a fan of white clothes. Plus I'll just get something on the dress anyway if it stays in my clutches. And now, I'll HAVE to make her something new.
I am trying to make her look aged, with a crackle finish...hope I don't wreck her by doing that! I never did crackle finishing on anything before, so I can't say I have a clue what I'm doing. Her arms didn't turn out too badly, so I'll probably try to do her face tonight.
Have got a couple of Springtime doll challenges awaiting me at the end of this month, with Rags To Riches Dolls and Coffee With Tea Dolls. So this little gal gets to go towards one of those challenges. Still trying to come up with a fabric for her dress.
I decided that my Theda Bara wanted to get out of her type cast role of Vamp and audition for a sweet Mary Pickford type role, as in a Springtime Doll Challenge. It's a period piece...1830's, So I hacked her up and am now allowing her arms to move around. She was forced to shed her dark vampy sleazy outfit and she's getting a nice, decent 1830 style repro calico a 'la Cranford. She had to lose the goth makeup and she looks like a Lady now. Don't have any photos of her in her current state, but will show some pretty soon. I'll try to be better about posting!